Monday, March 28, 2011

I am a God who gives and gives....

I am a God who gives and gives and gives. When I died for you on the cross, I held back nothing. I poured out My life like a drink offering, Because giving is inherent in My nature, I search for people who are able to recieve in full measure. To increase your intimacy with Me, the two traits you need the most are receptivity and attentiveness. Receptivity is opening up your innermost being to be filled with My abundant riches. Attentiveness is directing your gaze to Me: searching for Me in all our moments. It is possible to stay your mind on Me, as the prophet Isaiah wrote. Through such attentiveness you reciece a glorious gift: My perfect Peace.

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

____________________________________


These pictures were taken on my b-day last fall. Paul and I were getting ready to travel to Ghana. We are standing behind the cross seat that Cate had made for me. The group picture shows the abundance of children the Lord has blessed Paul and I with...Yes, Lord you are a giver...I pray that I may always remain attentive and receptive to your spirit.

No comments: